The Dunes Medal is an Open Amateur event played over 72 Holes on The Dunes Golf Links championship course. The 2019 event starts on Tuesday 26th November and will conclude on Friday 29th November. Monday 25th November will be the Practice Day, (practice rounds booked before 12 noon)
2018 men’s event was won by Blake Collyer with a (-6) 282 total. The women’s event was won by Grace Kim with a (4 over par) 292 total. The Dunes Medal is a National Selection event for both Men and Women with representatives from all national state squads playing along with numerous International amateurs as well. It is also listed on the International Amateur Order of Merit with points contributing to International World Rankings.
The Mens Dunes Medal Honour Roll
|2002||Zane Scotland (Eng)||275||-13|
The Ladies Dunes Medal Honour Roll
|2017||Dee Dee Russell||288||square|
THE PLAYER’S CHOICE – BEST 72 HOLE OPEN AMATEUR EVENT IN AUSTRALIA MENS ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE WOMENS ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE THE 2018 MENS DUNES MEDAL 72 HOLES STROKE PLAY – Tuesday 27th November 2018 to Friday 30th November 2018
- Mens WAGR Counting Event
- Golf Australia Rankings Event
- Ivo Whitton Event.
- Field limited to maximum of 120 amateurs including up to 10 invitees of The Dunes Golf Links. Field restricted to competitors with a G.A. handicap of 3.4 or less.
- Current members of the Golf Australia’s National Squad and the top 20 players for the current Ivo Whitton Trophy, automatically qualify for the championship on receipt of tournament entry.
- Field cut to 48 players’ (plus ties) after 36 holes.
- Golf Australia and Karrie Webb Series Ranking Event.
- Womens WAGR Counting Event and Champions Trophy Ranking Event.
- Field limited to maximum of 68 amateurs including up to 10 invitees of The Dunes Golf Links. Field restricted to competitors with a G.A. handicap of 8.4 or less.
- Current members of Golf Australia’s National Squad automatically qualify for the championship on receipt of tournament entry.
- Field cut to 30 players’ (plus ties) after 36 holes.
Entries now close on Monday 19th of November