The Dunes Medal is an Open Amateur event played over 72 Holes on The Dunes Golf Links championship course. The 2019 event starts on Tuesday 26th November and will conclude on Friday 29th November. Monday 25th November will be the Practice Day, (practice rounds booked before 12 noon)
2018 men’s event was won by Blake Collyer with a (-6) 282 total. The women’s event was won by Grace Kim with a (4 over par) 292 total. The Dunes Medal is a National Selection event for both Men and Women with representatives from all national state squads playing along with numerous International amateurs as well. It is also listed on the International Amateur Order of Merit with points contributing to International World Rankings.
Hannah Green holds her nerve to claim Second Major Title*
Perth’s Hannah Green clung on to a wire-to-wire win at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. Previously, Green (68-69-70-72) had only ever won The Dunes Medal in 2014 where she had beaten a stellar field of golfing stars to claim one of women’s golf’s coveted majors.
Her Dunes Medal win in Australia meant she was destined for something special. Like Jason Day, also a Dunes Medal winner (2005) who also went on to win the US PGA Major title, where they both now share centre stage as elite players in world golf.
When Hannah won The Dunes Medal in 2014, her boyfriend and now caddy, Jayrd Felton also won the men’s Dunes Medal in the same year. They both stayed at the Wilson’s property right next to the golf course during the tournament week. If you can beat the best at The Dunes Medal you can certainly go all the way and beat all of the best on the world stage like Hannah Green, Jason Day, Adam Bland and MinJee Lee just to name a few of the past champions.
* Major titles The Dunes Medal & The US PGA Championship
The Mens Dunes Medal Honour Roll
|2002||Zane Scotland (Eng)||275||-13|
The Ladies Dunes Medal Honour Roll
|2017||Dee Dee Russell||288||square|
- Mens WAGR Counting Event
- Golf Australia Rankings Event
- Ivo Whitton Event.
- Field limited to maximum of 120 amateurs including up to 10 invitees of The Dunes Golf Links. Field restricted to competitors with a G.A. handicap of 3.4 or less.
- Current members of the Golf Australia’s National Squad and the top 20 players for the current Ivo Whitton Trophy, automatically qualify for the championship on receipt of tournament entry.
- Field cut to 48 players’ (plus ties) after 36 holes.
THE 2019 LADIES DUNES MEDAL 72 HOLES STROKE PLAY
WOMENS ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE
Tuesday 26th November to Friday 29th November 2019
- Golf Australia and Karrie Webb Series Ranking Event.
- Womens WAGR Counting Event and Champions Trophy Ranking Event.
- Field limited to maximum of 48 amateurs including up to 10 invitees of The Dunes Golf Links. Field restricted to competitors with a G.A. handicap of 8.4 or less.
- Current members of Golf Australia’s National Squad automatically qualify for the championship on receipt of tournament entry.
- Field cut to 30 players’ (plus ties) after 36 holes.
Entries now close on Monday 18th of November 2019